Santa Cruz River Farmer’s Market
Every Thursday, along the Avenida del Convento, from 3-6pm
“The Santa Cruz River Farmers’ Market aims to build a network that supports the development of a resilient, sustainable, and regional food system while addressing the need to create a more food secure community. Through the Market, we will facilitate and support connections between local producers, community members, and partner organizations to promote access to fresh, local food, economic opportunity, and social capital.”
“The Santa Cruz River Farmers’ Market:
- Promotes access to fresh, quality food by people of all economic classes by accepting public assistance benefits, including Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits and the Arizona Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (AZFMNP) and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Contributes to food security by supporting local and/or regional farms and producers, keeping food dollars in the local economy, and creating consistent options for affordable, nutritious food in urban areas.
- Creates an inclusive market community for all that is welcoming especially to people of color, those using public assistance benefits, those who identify as a part of the LGBTQIA+ community, and all others regardless of socioeconomic status, citizenship status, or identity.
- Expands economic opportunities for local farmers and local food entrepreneurs, contributing to a sustainable regional food system.
- Invests in the health of our community by increasing access to fresh, local food through targeted promotion, education, and social opportunities.”